I’m really looking forward to the PASS Summit next week, and getting a chance to visit with a lot of the people in the community that I interact with on a regular basis. It’s going to be a really busy week, as there’s a lot of great sessions that I’m looking forward to attending, and a few things that I’m going to be delivering myself.
A quick summary of where I’ll be during the conference:
- Tuesday (11/3) at 11:45 – Hosting a table at the Birds of a Feather lunch, with the topic “Agile Development in BI”
- Wednesday (11/4) at 10:15 – Presenting “SQL Server BI in the Cloud”, which will focus on how SQL Azure can be leveraged for BI projects
- Wednesday (11/4) at 11:30 – I’ll be stopping in briefly at the SQL Server MVP Deep Dives book launch, and then sprinting to my next session.
- Wednesday (11/4) at 12:00 – Co-Presenting “Metadata Driven ETL – Creating Dynamic Packages with Integration Services” with Matt Masson of the Microsoft SSIS team, where we’ll be talking about generating SSIS packages from code, so that the packages can change dynamically as your data does.
- Thursday (11/5) at 4:00 – Presenting “Using Agile Development Techniques with Integration Services”, which will discuss some of the ways agile practices like test driven development and continuous integration can be used with SSIS.
Outside of that, I’ll be around at other sessions, the evening events, and in the “Ask the Experts” area. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.